When writing a script for an online video to advertise a product and/or services. There is a formula you need to use. This formula has been used by advertising professionals and has produced some great results as far as drive consumers to take action by either visiting a website or squeeze page. Thus creating more interested traffic and a high percentage of consumers that took action by either sign up to get more information and/or purchasing a product or service. This formula is called AIDA which stands for:
1) Attention- You may want to grab their attention at least, within the first 10 to 15 seconds. Because any longer than that people are going to get bored and will move on to something else.
2) Interest- What’s in it for them? How can you fill a need or needs of the viewer?
3) Desire- Why should they choose you, your product and/or your service? Make sure you list key benefits.
4) Action- Where can they go to get that need filled and/or more information on what you have to offer? Also when should they take this action?
5) Satisfaction- Satisfying the customer so that they become a repeat customer and also a referral source for you product and/or service.
When make your video for online advertising it is best to not make you video to long. 2 to 3 minute seems to be the industry standard that has been proven to be more effective than online video advertising that has been longer.
This formula is also called CAB which is a condense version of AIDA and stands for:
1) C- Cognition (Awareness or Learning)
2) A- Affect (Feeling, Interest or Desire)
3) B- Behavior (Action)
Now we will cover an outline template that you can use to write a script using the AIDA part of the formula and the S will be also covered in more detail below.
Attention Grabbing Opening Phrases:
You can use any one of these openers or use both. Usually at least 2, no more than 3 attention grabbing statements are used.
Have you ever been (list an emotion or feeling) or (list another emotion or feeling) about (or with) (state a problem or situation)?
How would like to be (or get) (state a benefit or need that can be filled) and (add in adjective and list another benefit or need ?
Interest Grabbing Phrases:
1) (Introduce yourself) Start with “Hi” or “Hello (other form of greeting).
My name is _____________ with (or for) (name of company or organization)
2) Welcome to the (Or Introducing the (name product, company or service title.
My name is _____________ with (or for) (name of company or organization.
Are you (add in wanting to, finally ready to, looking for, or ready to take charge of your)
(list a key benefit or result) or (list another key benefit or result, then (state what you want them to do for example: listen, watch, or write down. It is also good to add either the closely or carefully at the end of the action to what I am going to (show or tell) you.
1) I want to (tell you about or talk about) the (benefits or features) of (name product or service).
2) Let me tell you about the (benefits or features) of (name product or service).
(List 2 to 3 features or benefits)
(Then add 1 or 2 customer testimonies or situations where there was a positive result from using your product or service)
(You may want to only use 2 to 3 to explain each customer testimony or situation.) (Also make sure the testimonies or situations relate to the benefits or features you’ve listed.)
You can also (sum up list of benefits or features).
1) If you are ready to (stop feeling, take charge of your, get a hold of or make more) (restate problem or problems listed in the “Attention Phrases” section),
2) I you would like to know (more about or how you can) (restate problem or problems listed in the “Attention Phrases” section),
(restate some benefits or features from the Desire Phrases section), then (go to or make sure you) (enter in the desired action you want them to take: send an email to, this web address or call (then give email or web address or phone number: it is good to repeat this information 3 times it makes it easier for people to remember or write down) (also state when you would like them to take this action: today, tomorrow or now).
This is just an example and some ideas of how to write a script using the AIDA part of the formula. Next time you are watching TV or Internet commercial listen to the script format that they use.
Now as far as the last letter in the formula “S” here are some suggestions:
* First always thank your customer for doing business with you and let them know where they can get help with your product or service if they should need it.
* At some point in time ask them for their feedback on how they are using or enjoying your product or service. You may want to ask if you can use their feedback in a testimony.
* Introduce them to other products or services you may have.
Have a special offer for your customers either for filling out a survey or referral business to you.
I hope this will help you to get a jump start with your online video marketing. Until next time I want to wish you great success and I look forward to seeing you on the web.